[Talk-at] Way: 357911189

3 Nachrichten Einstellungen
Antwort | Gesprächsfaden
Diese Nachricht in verschachtelter Ansicht betrachten

[Talk-at] Way: 357911189

forster
Hi
Excuse me for posting in English

Way: 357911189 renders as a lake, in reality it is a scree
slope/gravel bed with a braided stream running through it.

It is tagged waterway riverbank. Do you have any suggestions for
better tagging?

Tony
(Australia)

Antwort | Gesprächsfaden
Diese Nachricht in verschachtelter Ansicht betrachten

Re: [Talk-at] Way: 357911189

Friedrich Volkmann
On 06.08.19 04:40, [hidden email] wrote:
> Way: 357911189 renders as a lake, in reality it is a scree slope/gravel bed
> with a braided stream running through it.
>
> It is tagged waterway     riverbank. Do you have any suggestions for better
> tagging?

This should be micro-mapped from aerial images. You need to compare images
from different years to see which parts of the area are frequently changing,
and which are not.
natural=scree seems fine for most oft that area. The green parts are
certainly natural=fell. waterway=riverbank is ok on the area around  E
11.6636714 / N 47.0004158, which is covered most of the time by the varying
branches of the stream.

I have never been to that region, but in general the alpine waterways carry
a lot more water in spring and early summer due to snowmelt. You don't see
these water levels in aerial images because they are taken when the snow is
gone. So it's possible that waterway=riverbank is correct on a bigger area,
but then it should be accompanied by intermittent=yes. See
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/ephemeral for ideas
how to specify the season.

The waterway=stream itself should be adapted to the latest aerial image.
This may by outdated anyway, but it's still better than what is mapped by now.

--
Friedrich K. Volkmann       http://www.volki.at/

Antwort | Gesprächsfaden
Diese Nachricht in verschachtelter Ansicht betrachten

Re: [Talk-at] Way: 357911189

forster
Friedrich
Thanks for your comments
I changed waterway=riverbank to natural=scree
The map already had 2 river channels indicating a braided stream
I referenced our conversation in the changeset comments.
Tony