[Talk-at] Wien - boundary=administrative

5 Nachrichten Einstellungen
Antwort | Gesprächsfaden
Diese Nachricht in verschachtelter Ansicht betrachten

[Talk-at] Wien - boundary=administrative

Pavel Zbytovský
Hi,

I am currently trying to solve an issue, how to assign streets to its respective cities.

Little trouble is caused by Wien, because its relation boundary [1] has only admin_level=4. For correct city matching I would need admin_level=8 as well.
For example in Prague - we have the same geometry for district (admin_level=4), county/Bezirk (admin_level=6) and city (admin_level=8).

Would it be ok, if I added levels 6 and 8 to Wien as well?  I have found a wiki page about your boundaries [2], but I dont understand if its on purpose.

Thanks for help,
Kind regards from Czech mapper,
Pavel

Antwort | Gesprächsfaden
Diese Nachricht in verschachtelter Ansicht betrachten

Re: [Talk-at] *** GMX Spamverdacht *** Wien - boundary=administrative

Walter Nordmann

> Would it be ok, if I added levels 6 and 8 to Wien as well? I have
> found a wiki page about your boundaries [2], but I dont understand if
> its on purpose.

No, the usual way is to give an area the highest admin_level (lowest
nuber) of all possibilities.

Eg: Berlin in Germany. It's city (al8), county (al6) and state (al4). so
it has only AL4.

Regards
walter

btw: Austria just removed those redundant AL of vienna last year.

Antwort | Gesprächsfaden
Diese Nachricht in verschachtelter Ansicht betrachten

Re: [Talk-at] *** GMX Spamverdacht *** Wien - boundary=administrative

Pavel Zbytovský
Thanks for your reply, thats what I wanted to know.

btw, don't you think we are losing some information by removing the redudant AL's? I agree that several same relations with diferent al's are not good, but I think there should be mentioned, which admin_level's corresponds to that one relation, dont you?

For example nominatim shows for "Wien"
1. City Vienna, Austria   ---> to city_center node
2. State Boundary Vienna, Austria  --> to Wien boundary
So were missing here, that Wien is also a district and a city.

Regards,
Pavel

On Thu, Mar 19, 2015 at 11:27 PM, Walter Nordmann <[hidden email]> wrote:

Would it be ok, if I added levels 6 and 8 to Wien as well? I have found a wiki page about your boundaries [2], but I dont understand if its on purpose.

No, the usual way is to give an area the highest admin_level (lowest nuber) of all possibilities.

Eg: Berlin in Germany. It's city (al8), county (al6) and state (al4). so it has only AL4.

Regards
walter

btw: Austria just removed those redundant AL of vienna last year.

Antwort | Gesprächsfaden
Diese Nachricht in verschachtelter Ansicht betrachten

Re: [Talk-at] *** GMX Spamverdacht *** Re: *** GMX Spamverdacht *** Wien - boundary=administrative

Walter Nordmann

On 20.03.2015 15:54, Pavel Zbytovský wrote:

> Thanks for your reply, thats what I wanted to know.
>
> btw, don't you think we are losing some information by removing the
> redudant AL's? I agree that several same relations with diferent al's
> are not good, but I think there should be mentioned, which
> admin_level's corresponds to that one relation, dont you?
>
> For example nominatim shows for "Wien"
> 1. City Vienna, Austria   ---> to city_center node
> 2. State Boundary Vienna, Austria  --> to Wien boundary
> So were missing here, that Wien is also a district and a city.

There is mostly additional information hidden in the tags.

eg: in germany there are two tags

"de:regionalschluessel"=>"064390014014" which is a regional key
(schlüssel means key)
and "de:amtlicher_gemeindeschluessel"=>"06439014" which is the short key
of that town.

In Austria it's "ref:at:gkz"=>"90001" gkz is the city-number.

If you know the structure of those keys than you know exactly what's
going on. I can give you the details for germany if you need them. For
austria ask the local list again.

Regards
walter

Antwort | Gesprächsfaden
Diese Nachricht in verschachtelter Ansicht betrachten

Re: [Talk-at] *** GMX Spamverdacht *** Re: *** GMX Spamverdacht *** Wien - boundary=administrative

Pavel Zbytovský
It was rather a global/worldwide thought, that there should be a way to denote that a particular relation stands for several admin_levels.

I think this problem arises only for some european capital cities, because they have one boundary for town and district/state.
Also the rule for using the highest number for admin_level was most probably created for the use of boundary ways, not relations. I will give it some time and then propose it in the global community.

Regards,
Pavel